Ordered a Brewie! Have any good recepies?

A forum to discuss one pot automated brewing systems.
Zymotik
Tippler

Ordered a Brewie! Have any good recepies?

Post by Zymotik » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 pm

A bunch of local mates pitched in and ordered a Brewie (www.brewie.org). It's the new, improved version. Roughly £475 each between 4 of us. I'm the lucky one who gets it in my garage :D

Anyone else have one? Any good recepies you've found?

I had a chat to the local home brew store and they're willing to sort us out great deals on hops if we bulk buy, so working as a co-op and buying one of these machines looks to be a great idea!

Secla
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Re: Ordered a Brewie! Have any good recepies?

Post by Secla » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Never seen one here before.
why did you chose this over the grainfather/braumeister ? as there tryed and tested systems with good backup
looking at the brewie faq theres a 3 month wait from order to shipping !

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:36 am

Zymotik wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 pm
A bunch of local mates pitched in and ordered a Brewie (www.brewie.org). It's the new, improved version. Roughly £475 each between 4 of us. I'm the lucky one who gets it in my garage :D

Anyone else have one? Any good recepies you've found?

I had a chat to the local home brew store and they're willing to sort us out great deals on hops if we bulk buy, so working as a co-op and buying one of these machines looks to be a great idea!
You could have bought a 50 litre Braumeister for that money and bought your grain and hops from The Malt Miller
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

aamcle
Drunk as a Skunk

Post by aamcle » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:39 am

Haydnexport

Post by Haydnexport » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:58 pm

is this thread real ? 4 guys have bought a machine that will make 20 liters max in one go , and want to buy hops in bulk?

Zymotik
Tippler

Post by Zymotik » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:16 am

I work it out like this... I enjoy a good meal, but who enjoys washing up? There once was a time without dishwashers, washing machines and microwaves. Now you can have a brewmister, grain father or brewie. Varying costs, but varying amounts of input involved! Now I can craft a beer, spending the time on the recipe rather than on the manual steps of mashing, boiling and chilling. I do enjoy the five plus hours of a brew day, it's fun, but I don't enjoy my wife moaning at the mess.

When some of us were younger, we took photos and sent film off for processing. We saw our mistakes and slowly improved. The process took weeks, to months, to become proficient. Then came digital cameras. We instantly saw what effects the aperture, shutter speed and ISO made on the resulting exposure, helping us learn so much quicker. A machine like the brewie is a first step on this road where we'll all be learning to craft our own beer quickly and learn much faster. It brings repeatable brews where we can tweak parameters to discover new depths, rather than guess at what went wrong.

If you look at places like Kickstarter and Indiegogo, brew machines are popping up everywhere!

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 am

Haydnexport wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:58 pm
is this thread real ? 4 guys have bought a machine that will make 20 liters max in one go , and want to buy hops in bulk?
As aamcle hints in his post its a spam marketing promo.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 am

As a general comment, I'd say that people should be very careful of taking forum posts which include links to commercial websites at face value. Particularly if they are from members who haven't been around very long.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Zymotik
Tippler

Post by Zymotik » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:32 am

Useful info, thanks

Zymotik
Tippler

Post by Zymotik » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 am

Jim wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 am
As a general comment, I'd say that people should be very careful of taking forum posts which include links to commercial websites at face value. Particularly if they are from members who haven't been around very long.
Ha, I've been a member for years and bought and sold on here! This is a genuine request.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:07 am

Zymotik wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 am
Jim wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 am
Ha, I've been a member for years and bought and sold on here! This is a genuine request.
My comment wasn't aimed at you. I'm well aware you've been a member here for years (though you didn't post anything at all for nearly 4 years until about a week ago, and this post was your second since your return).

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Zymotik
Tippler

Post by Zymotik » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 am

8) that's cool.

So, back to the original topic, anyone have any good recepies? The Brewie is so new I was wondering if anyone has tried a nice IPA/APA?

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Zymotik wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:17 am
8) that's cool.

So, back to the original topic, anyone have any good recepies? The Brewie is so new I was wondering if anyone has tried a nice IPA/APA?
Just for clarity, I'm not cool about it. I'm personally highly suspicious about your motives for returning here after 4 years absence and quickly posting a link to a commercial website for a brewing system that doesn't (to me) seem to be anything special, and raving about it. I can't prove that you aren't genuine though, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

However, I'm sure JBK members will draw their own conclusions.

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

Zymotik
Tippler

Post by Zymotik » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Guess we live in a trustless world. I have no links to Brewie, and they have no UK supplier as yet, so I can't see a way I'd get a back hander.

Was everyone as suspicious of Grain Father and others when they came out, or is this a totally new thing? I'm trying to work out of its the cost that puts everyone off, or the fact it seems to ruin a good hobby/excuse to be in the shed for a day for some peace and quiet? I've had the same response from a mate, my reply: "a dishwasher hasn't destroyed my love of food" :=P

I haven't even got this machine yet, it could be a load of rubbish! If you want me to post my findings, I'll do that, but if you cut me off before I get chance to review, then you guys will miss out on knowing if it's any good or not.

Secla

Post by Secla » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:09 pm

I think most people will see it as largely taking away what they enjoy about brewing. Most enjoy the practical aspect aswell as the final product !

It's an expensive system that has a long waiting time after delivery from a company that doesn't seem to have a great reputation. I'd guess it has limited appeal to anyone interested in a hobby rather than just making beer