Triple Gas Regulator?

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Fil
Telling imaginary friend stories

Re: Triple Gas Regulator?

Post by Fil » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 pm

yes 3 x primary regs in a row, the clue is that the bottle guage showing the bottle pressure is attached to the 3rd reg from the input..

for regulators gas management boards and spares spares of all sorts of regs and anything to do with corny kegs drop Corny Norm an email @ normansplace@hotmail.com

You will always find something cheaper in an ebay auction, but everything ive bought from norm arrives as described and im fully confident if any problems arose it would be resolved asap..
ist update for months n months..
Fermnting: not a lot..
Conditioning: nowt
Maturing: Challenger smash, and a kit lager
Drinking: dry one minikeg left in the store
Coming Soon Lots planned for the near future nowt for the immediate :(

grahamotter
Steady Drinker

Post by grahamotter » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi folks,

Sorry to post this here but I couldn't find a more fitting thread...

I live in Lincoln and am finding it impossible to get a 6kg co2 bottle. Calor say they have some but will only trade with me if I have an air liquide one to return. I'm not keen on using the eBay sellers for co2 as I've been ripped off before. I stopped making homebrew a few years ago and sold all my equipment including my co2 bottle - big mistake but my wife (now ex-wife) couldnt have it all around due to setting up as a child minder

Most businesses will only deal with pubs and trade customers around here. I could get some from a company but they want to charge ridiculous amounts for the monthly hire and delivery (around £55 just to deliver)

So could any of you kind folk give any suggestions. Lincoln area really. We seem to be in the dark ages with this stuff as a lot of suppliers if you look on a map seem to avoid the lincolnshire area

Kind regards,

Graham

Fil

Post by Fil » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 pm

google for air liquide distributers in your area, generally (well all 3 i have visited for exchange) will provide the bottle with or without a deposit which was £50 when i asked in one local agents. I opted to drive down to the Andover Patio centre who provide co2 bottles without a deposit just for the price of an exchange, which was circa £23 last time i needed a refill.

If a day out to stone henge with a wee detour is too hard to sell/swallow focus on your area, round here the agents seem to have a 20-30 mile radius of business with significant overlap..

your right not to trust ebay sellers, either they will be something like a fire extinguisher mod which may prove tricky to get refilled, or it will be a comercial bottle which will have remained the property of the supplier just like a keg or calor gas bottle, which you wont retain ownership of if you exchange it, (tho u should be able to exchange and or get the deposit back..).. And you dont want ownership of a bottle as you then become responsible to ensure its certified safe to use every few years as without that no one sane will refill it..

Fil

Post by Fil » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 pm

google for air liquide distributers in your area, generally (well all 3 i have visited for exchange) will provide the bottle with or without a deposit which was £50 when i asked in one local agents. I opted to drive down to the Andover Patio centre who provide co2 bottles without a deposit just for the price of an exchange, which was circa £23 last time i needed a refill.

If a day out to stone henge with a wee detour is too hard to sell/swallow focus on your area, round here the agents seem to have a 20-30 mile radius of business with significant overlap..

your right not to trust ebay sellers, either they will be something like a fire extinguisher mod which may prove tricky to get refilled, or it will be a comercial bottle which will have remained the property of the supplier just like a keg or calor gas bottle, which you wont retain ownership of if you exchange it, (tho u should be able to exchange and or get the deposit back..).. And you dont want ownership of a bottle as you then become responsible to ensure its certified safe to use every few years as without that no one sane will refill it..