Geterbrewed delivery

Get advice on making beer from raw ingredients (malt, hops, water and yeast)
guypettigrew
Even further under the Table

Re: Geterbrewed delivery

Post by guypettigrew » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Malt Miller definitely. Fast delivery with DPD and the guaranteed one hour slot has never failed me. Much better than not knowing when the delivery will arrive and waiting in all day.

Guy

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 pm

I used them once because they stocked the large keg cooler bags.
The yeast I got was out of date....and delivery was slow.

Never again.

I use Brew UK and malt miller about 70/30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

Paddington
Piss Artist

Post by Paddington » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:33 pm

LeeH wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 pm
I used them once because they stocked the large keg cooler bags.
The yeast I got was out of date....and delivery was slow.

Never again.

I use Brew UK and malt miller about 70/30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I waiver too. Malt Miller is slightly better quality but no free delivery over £65. Prices are about the same, so it ends up being a question of whether you're willing to spend £8 for the marginal quality difference. I'm a miserable Brummy, so I end up disappointed either way...

Rookie
Falling off the Barstool

Post by Rookie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Welktickler wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:03 pm
Does anyone else suffer the following? What are the best alternatives for ingredients?

Every time I order from geterbrewed they take three or four days to process my online order? They then pass the parcel to parcel farce who take another 3 or 4 days to deliver. It's a very long drawn out process. Every order takes overt a week from buying online to delivery.
Sounds like a cunning plan, ala Baldric, for going out of business.
I'm just here for the beer.

Kingfisher4
Hollow Legs

Post by Kingfisher4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Will certainly try Malt Miller very soon, but have had several orders very swiftly delivered with good quality products and packaging from https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk ; Parcelforce free delivery over £65

pvt_ak
Sober

Post by pvt_ak » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:31 am

[quote="Kingfisher4"]Will certainly try Malt Miller very soon, but have had several orders very swiftly delivered with good quality products and packaging from https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk ; Parcelforce free delivery over £65[/quote]

+1 for the Home Brew Shop / I’ve never used anyone else , and generally always here within 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 am

Malt Miller every time for me. Order before midday and it arrives 48 hours later. Cost? £9 for 25 kilos or £12 for 50 kilos and I live 1000 kilometers from Swindon on the Spanish border in France. Unlike www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk who proudly advertise " In Europe ? Not a problem we deliver to most countries parcels UNDER 1 kilo".
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

Jocky
Even further under the Table

Post by Jocky » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:19 am

Same or next working day dispatch should be standard these days. Anything less needs to have a pretty hefty discount to justify the delay. Despite the cost, the use of DPD by Malt Miller is a big plus for me as you can tell when stuff is going to turn up, or easily redirect it elsewhere.

For malt I pretty much exclusively use The Malt Miller due to their range and that I can buy whole malt. I'll add on whatever else I can from there, but also use Brew UK fairly frequently too for yeast and some bits of equipment.
Ingredients: Water, Barley, Hops, Yeast, Seaweed, Blood, Sweat, The swim bladder of a sturgeon, My enemies tears, Scenes of mild peril, An otter's handbag and Riboflavin.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am

I've used MM exclusively for years now. The use of DPD is what hooks me - it takes all the hassle out of waiting in for a delivery.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:57 am

Jim wrote:I've used MM exclusively for years now. The use of DPD is what hooks me - it takes all the hassle out of waiting in for a delivery.
Very true Jim I have say this is an enormous help when you’re working and travel around a lot, they make it very easy. Can’t beat maltmiller in general I think anyway, not always the cheapest but I’ve always had excellent service from Rob of which delivery is just one aspect.

steviebobs83
Piss Artist

Post by steviebobs83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:01 am

I always use Homebrew Life in Felling and I know his grain is fresh and freshly milled, since he comes out of the back of the shop with dust all over himself. Granted, I live locally so never get delivered but his shipping costs are reasonable £4.50 over 3kg and 48 hour delivery for mainland UK if ordered before 2pm and free on orders over £65.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:09 am

steviebobs83 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:01 am
I always use Homebrew Life in Felling and I know his grain is fresh and freshly milled, since he comes out of the back of the shop with dust all over himself. Granted, I live locally so never get delivered but his shipping costs are reasonable £4.50 over 3kg and 48 hour delivery for mainland UK if ordered before 2pm and free on orders over £65.

Yes, I've shopped there several times, but usually for wine kits - I can get them cheaper there than anywhere else by going in person.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

steviebobs83
Piss Artist

Post by steviebobs83 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:16 am

Jim wrote:
steviebobs83 wrote:

Yes, I've shopped there several times, but usually for wine kits - I can get them cheaper there than anywhere else by going in person.
I agree and he's a nice bloke so I'm happy to support his business via word of mouth when I can. It's a hidden gem in an otherwise desolate wasteland of bookies and takeaways.

demig
Hollow Legs

Post by demig » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 am

steviebobs83 wrote:
Jim wrote:
steviebobs83 wrote:

I agree and he's a nice bloke so I'm happy to support his business via word of mouth when I can. It's a hidden gem in an otherwise desolate wasteland of bookies and takeaways.

Interesting might have to pop in some time, I use hop and grape in Darlington a bit when passing through and always found them good as well.

Kev888
So far gone I'm on the way back again!

Post by Kev888 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 am

Another Malt Miller fan here, too. Very fast and reliable service, ditto for the postage - without over-inflating the costs either. Especially if you add to the order to make good use of the weight thresholds.

Worcester Hop Shop is also good for ingredients, and I've had no problems from The Home Brew Shop in farnborough or Hop & Grape. If you are lucky enough to have a good local home brew shop which stocks what you need at vaguely sensible prices then that certainly isn't to be sniffed at either.

Geterbrewed have some good prices on occasion, and seem to be decent enough as these things go. But for me that has to be weighed against the wider delivery window and my lower confidence in the website's indicated stock levels. So it perhaps depends on what your priorities and circumstances are.
Kev