5 Tap T-Bar Light Up Font

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
grahamotter
Steady Drinker

5 Tap T-Bar Light Up Font

Post by grahamotter » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi folks,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I am getting a little confused with things.

I've got a 5 tap T-Bar with light up badges. When I got the tap the LED driver/transformer was not supplied and I'm trying to figure out what power rating I need. I've read 24VAC but the bit that's confusing is when people say about how many lamps it's powering and that I would need to multiple the amount of lamps by 1.8 watts (or something like that) to know what power output I need. I just have 2 wires coming out the T-Bar which are purple and orange (and do these need to go a specific way, e.g. purple to + and orange to -?)

I just thought it would be 1 LED transformer at 24VAC. Am I right or is there something else I need to consider?

Also, anyone know somewhere I can get one for a reasonable price and not around the £30 mark (happy to spend around £15 for one though)

Kind regards,

themadhippy
Even further under the Table

Re: 5 Tap T-Bar Light Up Font

Post by themadhippy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 am

I've read 24VAC but the bit that's confusing is when people say about how many lamps it's powering and that I would need to multiple the amount of lamps by 1.8 watts (
so a 9 watt load , transformers dont normally have a wattage rating,the power output is given in VA or volt amperes.The magic formula to convert watts to va is W=VA x power factor ,a figure of 0.8 for the power factor is the norm if the actual value isn't known,so you need at least an 11.25VA 24 volt transformer or if the current rating is only given you want at least 468ma ,something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Output-Power-A ... B00TFAS3UK fits the bill nicely
I just have 2 wires coming out the T-Bar which are purple and orange (and do these need to go a specific way, e.g. purple to + and orange to -?)
if it requires an AC supply then it wont matter which way round the wires go
Warning: The Dutch Coffeeshops products may contain drugs. Drinks containing caffeine should be used with care and moderation

grahamotter
Steady Drinker

Post by grahamotter » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:11 am

Ah I see, I think

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I'll take a closer look at the one you've linked

Thanks for your help and speedy response

Kind regards,

greenwood
Steady Drinker

Post by greenwood » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:16 pm

If you got a car battery charger that would work .(I’ve done it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk