Splitting beer line

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
Duanestevens
Sober

Splitting beer line

Post by Duanestevens » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:59 am

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I have search through a lot of the threads and can't find anything.

Excuse my lack of knowledge!

I am trying to find out that if it's possible to split a beer line after the cooler to two seperate font taps? If so would this reduce the flow when using both taps at the same time and would the larger/beer not cool down going through the cooler. Also what would be the best connectors to use to split the lines and best line size.

If I was to do this I would for example have a cooler in the middle of a 5m bar and the bar would have a left hand font with taps and a right hand font with taps so from the cooler I would split into to seperate pythons one going left one going right, I understand if I do this I would have to send the recirculated coolent up and down one python then up and down the other.

Thanks in advance for advice

Cheers

Jim
Site Admin

Re: Splitting beer line

Post by Jim » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:02 pm

I've never done this, but intuitively it must slow down the flow if both taps are open.
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Yep, you will get a pressure loss as soon as the other tap opens.

You will need 2 kegs and a chiller with 2 coils like a Maxi 210.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

Duanestevens
Sober

Post by Duanestevens » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 am

Thank you

Can if I have a four out cooler can I just split the recirculated cooler and one python go to 2 taps and another python go to another 2 taps

LeeH
Under the Table

Post by LeeH » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:38 am

Sorry I don’t quite understand.

A 4 coil cooler feed 4 taps. The chilled water recirc can feed 4 fonts. If you have them in series (1 loop) the first will be the coldest, the last the warmest. I would probably pipe them up in parallel by taking the flow and return close to all 4 and spitting them into 4 from there.

Sabro Single Hop NEIPA 25/02/20 CLICK ME to monitor progress with Brewfather & iSpindel

greenwood
Steady Drinker

Post by greenwood » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:38 pm

LeeH wrote:Sorry I don’t quite understand.

A 4 coil cooler feed 4 taps. The chilled water recirc can feed 4 fonts. If you have them in series (1 loop) the first will be the coldest, the last the warmest. I would probably pipe them up in parallel by taking the flow and return close to all 4 and spitting them into 4 from there.

I have run several waterjacket handpunps and font pythons of one recirculating pump (in series) .Although in principle this means that some pumps will be colder than others , in practice as long as you leave the cooler switched on for long enough and you are in a reasonably cool environment there is no discernible difference in temperature at each pump/font

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk