Replacement corny lid handle too long

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
chris20
Sober

Replacement corny lid handle too long

Post by chris20 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:35 pm

I've just got a replacement lid for my corny to replace a plastic lid and have found that the handle is too long, it doesn't go pass the rubber handles of the keg. Any one else had this problem and got a solution? I was thinking of making 2 slits in the rubber handle so that the lid handle can pass. Would this be a bad idea?

Cheers,
Chris

TonySan
Steady Drinker

Re: Replacement corny lid handle too long

Post by TonySan » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:54 pm

I got one from Angel Homebrew like that. I ended up bending the handle using a vice rather than cutting slits, although you need to work out how to do it and still have it pull the lid up properly.

They won't work on any corny with the rubber handles. Sad to say I posted a mixed review to that effect which never got put on their website, so won't be using them again.
Fermenting: Nowt
Conditioning: Black Cross Stout
Drinking: GW London Porter, 'Use it Up' Bitter

chris20
Sober

Re: Replacement corny lid handle too long

Post by chris20 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:12 pm

That's where I brought mine from and didn't see anything about being a long handle, since googling the issue I have seen other homebrew sites specifically saying about their lids being long handled and won't fit the rubber handled kegs.

My partner is currently doing a grand job of carving the rubber handle so that it fits.