Hambledon Bard refill S30 discontinued

A forum to discuss the various ways of getting beer into your glass.
IPA
Under the Table

Re: Hambledon Bard refill S30 discontinued

Post by IPA » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:11 am

Horden Hillbilly wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:58 pm
IPA wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 am
Don't panic I will post a picture of an adapter that uses a normal gas bottle in conjunction with an S30 injector. I made it years ago when we moved to France where S30 cylinders are not available and no retailers will post them to France. Don't throw away your empty cylinders because the are needed to make the adapter.
That would be great if you could post that picture IPA, I could see it being very useful to forum members.
I will do it later today.
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster
Together we travel further
( In an admonishing email from our golf club)

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Here it is. I removed the top from an S30 cylinder and drilled it out to the same diameter as the hose adapter shown below in photo. The O ring shown goes between the S30 injector and this adapter. I then attached the hose with a jubilee clip. On the other end of hose is a connection to suit your gas regulator.

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Alone we travel faster

Horden Hillbilly

Post by Horden Hillbilly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Thanks for that IPA.

Kingfisher4
Hollow Legs

Post by Kingfisher4 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:49 am

Thank you IPA, that will be really useful when my current cylinders are empty. Would you mind clarifying the size and where you bought the hose adapter if possible?

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Kingfisher4 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:49 am
Thank you IPA, that will be really useful when my current cylinders are empty. Would you mind clarifying the size and where you bought the hose adapter if possible?
I bought it from toutpourlabiere.com but I can't find it on their website. If you ever need one send me a PM and I will pick one up and post it to you.

Alone we travel faster

brewbrew
Steady Drinker

Post by brewbrew » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Sorry if this is a naive question - but does anyone know of an adaptor that would allow the S30 inlet valve on my keg to be replaced with a standard inlet post? I have a non Cornelius keg that has a hole where the normal inlet post would be and the existing S30 valve fits into that hole. It would seem logical to replace the S30 inlet with a standard post - but I can't see any available.

Thanks
BB

Heron1952
Piss Artist

Post by Heron1952 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Malt Miller stocks 2 types of in post, but there are various size threads on cornie type keg posts.
aka Rhys

Rhodesy
Lost in an Alcoholic Haze

Post by Rhodesy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Heron1952 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm
Malt Miller stocks 2 types of in post, but there are various size threads on cornie type keg posts.
Whilst not the main issue I have had it was one of the drivers which has led to me phasing out the used kegs I initially started out with to the new AEB kegs. I bought some of the 'older' type posts which were incompatible with the old kegs I had which was annoying.

Jim
Site Admin

Post by Jim » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Home Brew Life have found someone willing to refill these now.

https://www.facebook.com/HomeBrewLife/p ... ater&ifg=1

(FaceBook link)
NURSE!! He's out of bed again!

JBK on Facebook
JBK on Twitter

brewbrew
Steady Drinker

Post by brewbrew » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:16 pm

My usual dealer is out of stock on filled ones and sitting on a stock of empties - they say that they don't know where they will get more from. Does anyone have an update on the latest supply situation? Has anyone taken it on and who are they?

brewpete
Piss Artist

Post by brewpete » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:13 pm

go down the sodastream route there is a few ebay sellers do refills for £10 or 2 for £15