Brew in the bag and corny keg?

Discuss making up beer kits - the simplest way to brew.
Hudson1984
Piss Artist

Post by Hudson1984 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 am

Hi all,

i'd really like to have a bash as a fruit cider kit. Maybe eventually progress to my own mixes but for now i'm just treading softly.

if it possible to get a brew in the bag kit, and then decant into a corny keg?

what I'm aiming for is a replacement for my normal Kopparberg/Rekorderlig summer purchases, but hopefully still have something sweet, fruity and fizzy.

I want to do this slowly as I have a habit of spending money on new things and going to fast too soon.

I was thinking, getting a corny keg, set that up with a brew in the bag cider kit.
Get a C02 bottle and be set for the drinking side of things, then just see where things go for the brew side of it.

Really long term I'd love a Keezer in my garage serving Stout, Lager and fruit cider on tap.

won't do my waistline much good though!

f00b4r
Site Admin

Post by f00b4r » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:27 pm

You can buy fruit cider kits but you will still need a basic kit (fermenter, hydrometer, etc), most of the main home brew places (Malt Miller, The Homebrew Company, Get ‘Er Brewed, Brew UK, etc) sell starter kits that should contain everything you need.
Hopefully someone with experience of the newer fruit kits will chime in with how they compare and if it is worth tweaking them.
Corny kegs are great but you really need some form of temperature control with them; you can keep costs down by sticking with party/bronco taps at first but maybe it’s worth seeing if you are happy with the results in bottles first before you empty your wallet for more gear.

Hudson1984
Piss Artist

Re: Brew in the bag and corny keg?

Post by Hudson1984 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:37 pm

ahh that's interesting.
https://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/ac ... r-Kit.html
this seemed to suggest it was an all in one jobby

Hudson1984
Piss Artist

Re: Brew in the bag and corny keg?

Post by Hudson1984 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:38 pm

and now I read it again.....I'm wrong....still need some kit :S oops