The marmalade in Fullers

Try some of these great recipes out, or share your favourite brew with other forumees!
Gnorphy
Sober

Re: The marmalade in Fullers

Post by Gnorphy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:06 pm

Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. Used wlp002, between the yeast and the hops there is a distinct marmalade flavour.

MashBag
Even further under the Table

Post by MashBag » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:11 am

Do you mean a jammy flavour or orangey?

Gnorphy
Sober

Post by Gnorphy » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:24 pm

I mean orangy, but soft and not a sharp citrus

IPA
Under the Table

Post by IPA » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:30 am

Gnorphy wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:06 pm
Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. Used wlp002, between the yeast and the hops there is a distinct marmalade flavour.
Made a smash with MARRIA ? Hope both of you enjoyed it =D>
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

1. Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip

It's better to lose time with friends than to lose friends with time (Portuguese proverb)

Be who you are
Because those that mind don't matter
And those that matter don't mind

PeeBee
Under the Table

Post by PeeBee » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:17 pm

Gnorphy wrote:
Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. ...
I bet you didn't expect a spelling lesson posting on this forum. Although it's usually me who's IPA's victim, and I have suggested I've used Maris Piper (potato) for making beer before now. You wouldn't expect your beer post to get this response either (Plant Breeding Institute mentioned at end):

Maris Lane
Cask-conditioned style ale out of a keg/Cornie (the "treatise"): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwzEv5 ... rDKRMjcO1g
Water report demystified (the "Defuddler"; removes the nonsense!): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Trefoyl
Even further under the Table

Post by Trefoyl » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:38 pm

PeeBee wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:17 pm
Gnorphy wrote:
Recently made a smash with marria otter and some (homegrown) first gold. ...
I bet you didn't expect a spelling lesson posting on this forum. Although it's usually me who's IPA's victim, and I have suggested I've used Maris Piper (potato) for making beer before now. You wouldn't expect your beer post to get this response either (Plant Breeding Institute mentioned at end):

Maris Lane
:lol: =D> I might need to name one of my future beers Maris Piper, or maybe King Edward :lol:
Sommeliers recommend that you swirl a glass of wine and inhale its bouquet before throwing it in the face of your enemy.